PRESERVE CHRISTIAN FAMILY MINISTRIES, INC.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe the Bible [Holy Scripture] to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We recognize the The Holy Bible, New International Version; Copyright 1978 by New York International Bible Society, as the standard for Biblical interpretation.
3. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
4. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His forthcoming Personal return in power and glory.
5. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary, and is administered solely by the grace of God through our faith in Jesus Christ.
6. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
7. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
8. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. 9. We believe the following about marriage and human sexuality:
We believe that all matters of faith and conduct must be evaluated on the basis of Holy Scripture, which is our inspired, infallible, and inerrant guide. (2 Timothy 3:16–17) Since the Holy Bible does speak to the nature of Human beings and their sexuality, it is imperative that we correctly understand and articulate what the Bible teaches on these matters.
We are committed to the home and family as set forth in Holy Scripture. We believe God has ordained and created marriage to exist between one man and one woman, with absolute marital fidelity. The Bible sets forth specific home and family values, which include the distinct roles of husbands and wives, fathers and mothers, parents and children. It is our firm conviction that we uphold the dignity of each individual as we embrace the unchanging and longstanding principles of Scriptural truth.
9b. Religious Beliefs: Marriage and Human Sexuality
Based on Holy Scripture and the historic moral teaching of the Christian Church, PRESERVE CHRISTIAN FAMILY MINISTRIES, INC. uncompromisingly upholds the following beliefs:
- Marriage — PCFM defines the Divine institution of marriage as the permanent, exclusive, indivisible “one flesh” union of one biological man and one biological woman, Divinely ordered by God to procreation and biological family, and in furtherance of the moral, spiritual, and public good of binding together father, mother, and children within their God-ordained family unit. Family is the foundation of society; society begins with marriage and the family. (Genesis 1:27-28, Genesis 2:18-24, Matthew 19:4-9, Mark 10:5-9, Ephesians 5:31-33)
- Sexual Immorality — PCFM believes that sexual acts outside marriage are prohibited because they are sinful. Consequently, PCFM members must resist and refrain from any and all sexual acts outside marriage, including but not limited to adultery, fornication, incest, zoophilia, pornography, prostitution, voyeurism, pedophilia, exhibitionism, sodomy, polygamy, polyamory, sologamy, or same-sex sexual acts. (Exodus 20:14, Leviticus 18:7-23, Leviticus 20:10-21, Deuteronomy 5:18, Matthew 15:19, Matthew 5:27-28, Romans 1:26-27, 1 Corinthians 6:9-13, 1 Thessalonians 4:3, Hebrews 13:4, Galatians 5:19, Ephesians 4:17-19, Colossians 3:5)
- Sexual Identity — PCFM believes that God created Mankind in His image: male (man) and female (woman), sexually different but with equal personal dignity. Consequently, PCFM members must affirm their biological sex and refrain from any and all attempts to physically change, alter, or disagree with their predominant biological sex, including but not limited to elective sex-reassignment, transvestite, transgender, or non-binary “genderqueer” acts or conduct. (Genesis 1:26-28, Romans 1:26-32, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11)
- Sexual Orientation — PCFM believes that God created and ordered human sexuality to the permanent, exclusive, comprehensive, and conjugal “one flesh” union of man and woman, intrinsically ordered to procreation and biological family, and in furtherance of the moral, spiritual, and public good of binding father, mother, and child. Consequently, PCFM members must affirm the sexual complementarity of man and woman and resist any and all same-sex sexual attractions and refrain from any and all same-sex sexual acts or conduct, which are intrinsically disordered and sinful. (Genesis 1:27, Genesis 2:24, Matthew 19:4-6, Mark 10:5-9, Romans 1:26-27, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, Ephesians 5:25-27, Revelation 19:7-9, Revelation 21:2)
- Sexual Redemption — PCFM believes that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God and should seek redemption through confession, repentance, and faith in Jesus Christ. Consequently, PCFM members must welcome and treat with respect, compassion, and sensitivity all who experience same-sex attractions or confess sexually immoral acts but are committed to resisting sexual temptation, refraining from sexual immorality, and conforming their behavior to PCFM’s Statement of Faith set forth herein. (Matthew 11:28-30, Romans 3:23, Ephesians 2:1-10, 1 Corinthians 10:13, Hebrews 2:17-18, Hebrews 4:14-16)
- Celibacy — PCFM believes that Holy Scripture grants two life-enhancing options for human sexual behavior: (1) the conjugal “one flesh” marital union of one man and one woman, and (2) celibacy. Either is a gift from God, given as He wills for His glory and the good of those who receive and rejoice in His gift to them. Celibacy and faithful singleness is to be celebrated and affirmed within PCFM. (Genesis 1:27-28; 2:18, 21-24; Matthew 19:4-6; Mark 10:5-8; Hebrews 13:4; 1 Corinthians 7:1-8; Matthew 19:12; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Romans 12:10; 1 Timothy 5:1-2)
9c. Holy Scripture Addressing Marriage and Human Sexuality
Genesis 1:26-28 Genesis 2:18-24 Genesis 19:5-10 Exodus 20:14 Leviticus 18:7-23 Leviticus 20:10-21 Deuteronomy 5:18 Judges 19:22-24 Matthew 5:27-28 Matthew 15:19 Matthew 19:4-9 Mark 10:5-9 Romans 1:26-27 1 Corinthians 6:9-13 1 Corinthians 5:11 Galatians 5:19 Ephesians 4:17-19 Ephesians 5:25-27 Ephesians 5:31 Colossians 3:5 1 Thessalonians 4:3 Hebrews 13:4 1 Timothy 1:8-10 Jude 1:7 Revelation 19:7-9 Revelation 21:2
9d. Jesus: Good Shepherd and High Priest
Matthew 11:28-30 Romans 3:23-24 Ephesians 2:1-10 1 Corinthians 10:13 Hebrews 2:17-18 Hebrews 4:14-16
All of our members, employees, volunteers, and all other persons representing PCFM in any capacity, must affirm and adhere to these moral and spiritual precepts our God has set before us concerning marriage and human sexuality to qualify for involvement with the ministry. This is necessary to accomplish our religious mission, goals and purpose. Behavior or counter-witnessing that does otherwise will impede and burden our integrity and religious mission. We believe that God’s grace manifested through the atoning death of His Divine Son Jesus frees us from guilt and sin, though the consequences are still incurred.
The Bible is the inspired, infallible, and inerrant Word of God, acting as the source of authority over morality, our beliefs, Christian lifestyle and conduct. The PCFM Board of Directors is charged with the ministerial responsibility of Biblical interpretation and promulgating religious policy. On behalf of the Corporation, PCFM Board of Directors will determine life application as well as final matters relating to Biblical theology, philosophy, Christian practice, faith, divine truth, morality, and doctrinal resolutions. 10. We believe the following about the sanctity of human life and abortion: 10a. Preamble
PCFM believes that all matters of faith and conduct must be evaluated on the basis of Holy Scripture, which is our inspired, infallible, and inerrant guide. (2 Timothy 3:16–17) Because Holy Scripture speaks to Creation and human life, it is imperative that we correctly understand, articulate, and abide by what Holy Scripture teaches on this matter.
PCFM believes that God has created mankind in His image (Imago Dei) and that human life begins at fertilization. God, in his infinite sovereignty, uniquely formed Human beings and gave them a special dignity, personal freedom, and individual accountability among all the works of Creation. Human beings have been made for relationship with God and to be good and faithful stewards of Creation. God created each person’s inmost being, knitting each person together in his mother’s womb. (Psalm 139:13) As God’s individualized and personal creation, each person is fearfully and wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:14) God has ordained all the days of each person’s life before he/she came to be. (Psalm 139:16)
10b. Religious Beliefs: Children Before Birth
Based on Holy Scripture and the historic moral teaching of the Christian Church, PCFM uncompromisingly upholds the following beliefs:
- From the moment of fertilization until natural death, every human life is sacred because every human life has been created by God, in His image and likeness.
- From the moment of fertilization, every human life must be recognized, respected, and protected as having the rights of a person and the inviolable right to life.
- The right to life and physical integrity of every unborn human life is inviolable; it is not a concession made by society or the State, but is instead inherent to the unborn human life by virtue of its creation in the image of God.
- Because human life begins at the moment of fertilization, it is against our religious and moral conviction to formally or materially cooperate in the termination of unborn human life.
We are strongly committed to the preservation and defense of unborn human life, which compels our religious, moral, and ethical duty to defend unborn human life from destruction, whether by surgical abortion or use of drugs, devices, or services that have the intent, design, effect, or risk of terminating unborn human life or preventing its implantation and growth post-fertilization.
The Christian Church and all her ministers and ministries should publicly witness to society and to the State regarding the intrinsic, inherent, and inviolable dignity of all human life, from fertilization to natural death. 10c. Holy Scripture Addressing Abortion
10c. Holy Scripture Addressing Abortion
In standing against abortion, PCFM incorporates by reference the following Holy Scriptures, which are cited in the statements, resolutions, commentaries, or doctrines of Christian denominations that are expressly and vocally opposed to abortion. Some examples include, but are not limited to, the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, the Presbyterian Church in America, and the Southern Baptist Convention.
Genesis 1:26-27 Genesis 25:21-22 Exodus 20:13 Psalm 22:9-10 Psalm 139:13-16 Isaiah 44:1-2 Isaiah 49:5 Job 10:8-12 Jeremiah 1:4-5 Luke 1:39-45 John 1:14